Monday, October 19, 2009

NO ONE READS THIS, ANYWAY... LOL...

So far, October of 2009 has been strange for me. It was supposed to be a great month - epic, even. But as usual, shit happens. 

So I went to the event in Riverside, CA called BABY TATTOOVILLE. If you are unfamiliar, check it out. www.babytattooville.com. And before you ask, NO I WASN'T A PAYING ATTENDEE. I was simply a guest there to enjoy the surprises that were to be had...

To sum up this crazy weekend:

-I survived on little sleep
-I lost respect for certain artists...
-Yet, I gained respect for others...
-I met some new people
-Oregon seemed to own it this year... hahaha... ALL OF YOU RULE!
-With the exception of one hack, all of this year's invited attendees were super rad...
-But even the "hack" warmed up to me...
-I realized what it was like to be used and tossed aside, more or less...
-I had a moment were someone accidently reminded me of how "not hot" I am...
-So I had a few drinks...
-Explored some of the crazy crooks and crannies of The Mission Inn...
-Found "Alice"...
-Had someone save me from feeling like a complete loser, after that "ugly" moment... 
-I saved that voice mail to remind myself that I am not the loser in the situation...
-Got so many AMAZING sketches... THANK YOU ARTISTS!!!
-I want to be born as a world-renowned, temper-mental artist in my next life...
-Had amazing food...
-But I preferred TIO'S TACOS
-Finally got a set of Audrey Kawasaki prints for myself...
-I never thought that I would get sick of seeing naked girls lying around...

But that following Monday morning I couldn't even bring myself to drop off my friend at LAX, as I was puking violently in the wee hours... so he had to take the shuttle...

I got some sleep before I had to wake up and work on this project for a hack...

Shit, he's too much of a narcissist to read this shit, anyway...

I've been getting a lot of cold shoulders, lately...

I think that people are thinking that I am not very useful to them these days... but then they need help and my phone rings... or my inbox gets full.

Awesome.

I like helping people out, but it's now time to get selective.

But that's OK. I have Annie. I have my secret identity.

And the truth is, some people just plain suck.

Oh, and it was my birthday a few days ago. Thanks to those that greeted me. For those that didn't, it's OK. But to the person that knew that it was and blatantly didn't "bother" with even a standard greeting... FUCK YOU. And don't bother with your lame ass excuses because I KNOW that you were able to greet someone else. LOSER. And this bothers me because it was YOU. Someone that I thought that I was cool with. 

But then there were moments when strangers redeemed themselves...

and I discovered a great artist named YELLENA JAMES.

So all is good with the world...

Maybe I just need to get the fuck out of LA for a bit... 

NYC is a calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment