Saturday, September 26, 2009

I LOVE YOU, MAN.



Thinking back, I feel as if I have lived several lives. There was the part when I was young. Then there was the part where I almost became old. There is the past, the present, and what will become the future. I sometimes find myself haunted by the past... struggling with the present... and not caring for the future... Many take one look at me and think that they can somehow sum me up just by my appearance... REALLY? Then they find out stuff about me... see me talking to so-and-so... some even have the balls to ask me "WHO ARE YOU?" w/o really caring about how I was as a person... but rather whom I know or knows ME. All I can reply with is a simple "NOBODY". And walk away. Because it's true. But hey, my mom thinks I am special... hehehe...

My friends aren't POKEMON cards... I don't see some as being more valuable than others... I value them more than my relationship with most of my family. In fact, MY FRIENDS ARE MY FAMILY.

I get asked a lot of questions about my previous lives, but the truth is that more than half of the time I suspect that the people that ask don't really give a shit. And I'm OK with this. So I say: "I'm Kat" and leave it at that. "I am in LA because I got tired (and broke) from traveling for 3 years... STRAIGHT."

But today as I was sorting out some stuff and came across this photo I had taken a few years ago... and then this question popped into my head that a friend (who recently passed away) had asked me... WHERE WERE YOU MOST HAPPY?

I remember me telling him about this image as we slurped our SLURPEES... I even made a copy for him at a LONDON DRUGS because he asked... I wrote a message on the back... just for him. Never realized how much this moment would affect me... 

Thanks for saving me. Thanks for making me remember.

I MISS YOU. I LOVE YOU. THIS IS FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment